Congratulations To Kristen Secora For Defending Her Dissertation!

at the topOn April 25, 2016, Kristen Secora defended her dissertation, “The impact of individual differences in social skills and executive control on visual-spatial perspective-taking in signers and nonsigners” to earn her doctoral degree!

Congratulations, Dr. Secora!

group1
group2 Congratulations on a fantastic dissertation and an extremely successful graduate career! I am proud of you and your accomplishments, and I’m looking forward to seeing what you will do next in what is going to be a stellar career. Best of luck with everything and don’t be a stranger! 

– Karen

cristiana Congratulations Kristen! You’ve put in a lot of hard work, now you get to play!   …..and do paperwork 

– Christiana

zed Congratulations on reaching an important milestone! You have been an exemplary student and it’s been so lovely to have you around. Now go and spread your knowledge far and wide. We are so very proud of you! Go girl! 

– Zed

cindy Dear Kristen! I can’t believe how time flies by quickly. It has been my pleasure in getting to know you and working with you. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you around. 

– Cindy

brittany Congratulations, Kristen! Thanks for showing me the ropes this year and logging some serious hours with me in San Diego’s finest cafes. Your brains, dedication, and positivity are nothing short of impressive and will continue to serve you on your next adventure. Cheers! 

– Brittany

brenda Dear Kristen! Congratulations! I’m so proud of you and so happy for you! Lucky me to be at the lab when you were there! Brava! 

– Brenda

joshua Congratulations, Kristen! I wish you all the best on your budding career! 

– Joshua

steve Congratulations Kristen! Your successful dissertation defense marks the culmination of all the hard work you have put through your life as a student.  Enjoy it, savor it and bask in the joy of accomplishing your ultimate scholarly goal. 

– Steve

franziska Congratulations on your graduation! “Embrace each challenge in your life as an opportunity for self-transformation.” Ok, I stole the quote, but with the challenge of “real life” ahead of you, keep remembering all the challenges that you’ve already mastered superbly. I wish you all the best for everything to come! 

– Franziska

chris Congratulations! You’ll probably hear “best of luck in all your future endeavors” quite a bit, but I don’t think you need it. You’ll go far, no luck required. 

– Chris

jordan Kristen, you are such a flipping rockstar!! You were honestly the greatest person to work next to while I was at the lab. You’ve helped me more than you know and I’m grateful for everything you have done for me. Thanks for being so encouraging and helpful when it came to tests/school work. The lab won’t be the same without you. An era has come to an end. Good luck with everything you do. You have accomplished so much and should be so proud! GIRL YOU DID IT! 

– Love always, Jordan

jill1Jill2 

Jill3

kristen! 

you did it! i remember that about a year ago you thought it would never end, and then a month ago you thought the deadline was too soon. perspective. it’s a bitch, huh?

but seriously, you’re the best grad student ever! i hope you now know that you can conquer anything else that comes along. You’re so heads and shoulders above the rest of the pack that you even have a job and graduation is still a week away! i’m so proud of you and excited for the next chapter in your journey, especially since it keeps you in san diego for at least another year (and longer, if i have any influence!).

Dr. Secora. Sounds good, doesn’t it? I hope you allow yourself to relax over the summer and revel in the culmination of your perseverance and hard work. There are some kids in escondido that don’t know how lucky they’re about to be.  I can’t wait until i have my first stroke so you can teach me how to communicate again! i won’t even mind if you teach me to pronounce mary, merry, and marry all the same way! meanwhile, here’s a silly little limerick:

i once knew a girl named kristen
who’s netflix queue kept her from quitting.
but now she’s a doctor, who’ll teach kids to speak proper
and i hope that she never gets bitten.

congratulations ksec!
I’ll miss our coffee shop time!

– love, jill

marcel Congratulations! You’ve earned it! We loved being part of your journey through the LLCN and wish you the best with your next adventure. Make the most of it! 

– Hugs, Marcel, Heleen and Koda

Jennie Wishing you a Phiz-tastic Phuture! Congrats! 

– Jennie, Sara, Vera Jean and Phiz!

allieallie2 Congratulations Kristen! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments! I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with you in the lab, and to watch you grow from a young student to a wonderfully talented researcher and clinician. We will miss you …your homemade cookies, awesome Halloween costumes, and savvy game playing skills. All the best on the next path in your amazing journey! 

Love, Allie

nina Dear Kristen, Congratulations on your PhD! I’m so excited to see what you will do in the Escondido school district. 

Thank you for letting me work with you in the lab and for teaching me more about research and what it means to be a scientist. I really enjoyed coming into the lab every week and talking about your clinical placement, new research you had found and of course the singing videos we’d watch and sing along to. One of my favorite things we did together was build the Lego building set up for the perspective experiment – it was so much fun!

I can’t thank you enough for always being so open to answering questions and sharing new things with me. Congratulations again on all of your accomplishments!

– Nina